Reluctance to move, stiffness, difficulty climbing stairs, getting into the car or on the bed or sofa may be signs of arthritis. At Companion Pet Clinic we can help! Treatment for arthritis can markedly improve quality of life and slow down the progression of the disease
Signs of arthritis include:
- Reluctance to take walks of usual length
- Stiffness (that may disappear once the pet has ‘warmed up’)
- Difficulty climbing stairs, climbing in the car, on the bed or a sofa
- Difficulty rising from rest Limping
- Abnormal gait
- Licking of a single joint
- Acting withdrawn, spending less time playing with family (which is often misunderstood as a sign of ‘aging’)
- Soreness when touched
- Rarely, aggression when touched or approached
Our arthritis packages include:
1) 10 Companion Laser Therapy treatment sessions.
- Deep, soothing laser therapy provides a drug-free option for enhanced patient care.
- Effective relief of pain, inflammation, and swelling
- Extremely well tolerated by pets
- No known side effects
- May decrease the need for surgery and medications
2) 8 Adequan injections (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan)
- Adequan inhibits enzymes that break down cartilage within your dog’s joints.
- It reduces inflammation and increases the thickness of joint (synovial) fluid
- Helps control noninfectious degenerative or traumatic arthritis
- Good for postsurgery treatment
- Starts to work within hours and stays in the joint for about three days
3) Dasuquin oral tabs (Glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate) supplements.
- Dasuquin combines NMX1000®▲ ASU (avocado/soybean unsaponifiables) and decaffeinated tea with Cosequin’s FCHG49®▲ glucosamine and TRH122®▲ sodium chondroitin sulfate to provide our most complete joint health brand for dogs
- Demonstrated to help protect cartilage, which leads to continued healthy joint function
- Available in chewable tablets and tasty soft chews